FlexProfessionals was founded by three partners, all mothers and experienced business women, who understand the need for and value of part-time professional employment. Today over 62% of working mothers feel part-time is the ideal work situation for their families and them. Yet only 25% have part-time jobs. This imbalance is largely due to lack of part-time opportunity in the business world. FlexProfessionals is working to reduce this gap by finding and filling more quality part-time positions in the workplace.
Our mission is twofold:
- Deliver the power of a pool of largely untapped, highly-qualified professionals who want to work part-time and are willing to work at economical rates in exchange for flexibility and balance.
- Create demand for meaningful part-time employment at local companies by working with companies to understand their businesses and staffing needs and define where hiring seasoned, part-time professionals is a smart and economical option.
FlexProfessionals is unique from other staffing organizations in that we:
- Specialize exclusively in part-time job placements that typically require between 10 and 32 hours per week.
- Work with experienced candidates who have college degrees and at least 10 years of professional work experience.
- Focus strictly in the local Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Offer a high-touch approach. We interview and thoroughly screen every candidate and we work closely with clients to thoroughly define every job.
- Have an extensive community-based network of candidates that enables us to find highly-qualified candidates that organizations might not otherwise find through traditional employment channels.